Yay!!! Exam's finally over, now it's time for HOLIDAY!!!!
I'll be leaving for Singapore tonight, I'm so exicted!!! I'm taking bus, mind you, so that I can have lots of time to knit. It's a 12-hour ride, believe me, this is not my first time.
Hope that I can find some Rowan 4-ply cotton for Lucky, because I can't seem to find any good substitute. If I don't find them in Singapore, then I'll have to order them online. Problem is, I'll have to hid my yarns under my clothes, since my mom will definitely complain about my yarn shopping. I still have 30 skeins of yarn waiting for me at home, you know, yummy Knitpicks yarn.
I'm now up to the right front of mom's cotton cardigan, after that it's the sleeves. I'm really worried, I make the most horrible sleeve caps.
Anyway, this is the questionnaire for SP5. I'm really exicted about this, since this is my first time. I've waiting for it since I saw everyone blogging about the gifts they got from their sp.(Okay, so I'm doing it for the gifts, but I'll still be a real good sp)
This goes to my future SP, read on! I'm really easy to pamper, you know.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Well...there are no Red Heart or Lion Brand yarn in where I live, I think I like some of them, though I still prefer higher quality yarns...mmm...yummy...(so I'm a semi-yarn snob)
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I crochet a little, but it hurts my hand, so I don't do it often, still love it though. Have no idea how to spin, but would love to try someday. I love fibers ;)
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Can you believe that I'm allergic to alcohol?? I still drink a bit anyway. Oh, and I'm allergic to metal like cheap silver, so I'll be able to tell if my wedding ring is fake ;p But I think it's getting better now, my finger used to turn green if I wear plastic ring when I was little.
4. How long have you been knitting?
I learned it 4 years ago, but only get "addicted" to it since last year.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I've got one in Amazon, but I can't figure out how to put a link to it.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love the smell of jasmine, peach and chocolate. And I like to sniff at various kind of tea leaves, they smell so good!
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Definitely, I'm a chocoholic, dessertholic, and ice-creamholic.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
A lot, actually, origami, paper tole, clay modelling, beading, card making,etc. Although I don't do much of them after I started knitting.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yep, I have a mini iPod too. I like pop, soft-rock, ballad, classical, and I love movie soundtracks. But I'd love to be exposed to all kind of music, even in foreign languages.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
No exact favourite colour, I love all colours!! But I still prefer bright or pastel colousr to dark and dull colours. Mixture of contasting colours is interesting to me tough.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I stay with a foster family, and they have 6 dogs from the neighbourhood that just decided to stay with us. Oh, and one of them just gave birth to 10(TEN!!) black pups.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Life....hmm...I don't know yet. But my short-term dream is to go to UK for my degree. And of course visit the LYSs there!
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I haven't knit with that many yarns, but so far my fav are Zara and Rowan KSH. I do have a lot of yarns that I fell in love with just by looking at them on my screen though ;D
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Um...I have a love-hate relationship with novelty yarn. Love the way it looks, hate knitting with it.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Sweaters and bags. Oh, do knitting books count?
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Haven't found it yet.
17. What are you knitting right now?
A cotton cardigan for mom. I've got some WIPs lying around, but I'm going to finish this one first.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
I like them, though I would never wear them. Not here in Malaysia at least, and definitely NOT in Indonesia.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I love both. I think they serve different purposes.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Definitely bamboo, though I prefer metal for specific kind of yarn. Never try wood before, not available here.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Not yet, but I will be someday. As soon as the right yarn, the right needle and the right pattern came along.
22. How did you learn to knit?
The auntie at the LYS taught me the basic, then I learn the rest by myself.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
My first knitting attempt was also a cotton cardigan for my mom, but I didn't even finish the swatch. It was 4 years ago, does it count?
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Rabbit, love'em. And I have to say that I'm ridiculously afraid of living chicken.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Gotta be Christmas, love the spirit around it, even if they don't exist in my family.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
A lot, but I don't really care anymore. I collect letter set, some bank notes, some coins, some ribbons, and lots of socks. And of course, yarn and more yarn.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None, isn't it sad???
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Lots, actually...knitting books, John Grisham's latest, HP 6, etc.