Pages

Saturday, May 02, 2009

My bundle of nerves

I'm not a morning person. On "normal" days I go to bed at about 4 a.m. and wake up at lunch time. But today I am a bundle of nerves and have been up since 8 a.m., it's not normal I tell you. I've been going through in my head everything that could go wrong during today's event. Let's see, for a starter the weather forecast could lie and it would be pouring rain, or maybe everybody decides to go to the zoo and see monkeys instead of me. Or maybe...or maybe....see why I have trouble sleeping?

So everybody please think good thoughts of me today so that I'll have some good news to report back!

Anyway, I have some pretties to show off...
Ishbel
Ishbel
Ishbel
Ishbel
It's my Ishbel! The pattern is by the mega talented Ysolda Teague. The yarn is some laceweight silk from Fyberspates that I got at Ally Pally 2 years ago. I have more than half leftover, wonder what to knit with it next. I'm totally in love with how pretty this thing is, I think it's the combination of sleek silk with that delicate lace that does it for me. It blocked wonderfully and dried within hours! Think I need another one, maybe in sock yarn?

Some more pink goodness....
Pinkside cowl
Pinkside cowl
The pattern is Darkside Cowl(link to .pdf) by Sarah Fama. But of course I'm calling mine Pinkside cowl. The yarn is my own handspun that I blogged about some time ago. Can I just say again how much I LOVE knitting with handspun yarn?

5 comments:

opportunityknits said...

The shawl is so delicate and pretty, love it! Your handspun yarn is lovely too - especially the different shades.

Jasmin said...

GOR-GEOUS!

Knitting with handspun is the best, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Good luck for today; I can't wait to hear how it goes!

R a i n said...

OMG I thought I was the only psycho who slept at 4 am and woke at midday. *virtual high five*

Good luck for the event and I think your Ishbel has inspired me! It's so beautiful!

Linda said...

Best wishes for your event, you will be fine! I love your shawl and the cowl.