Pages

Thursday, May 04, 2006

SP8 Questionnaire *waves to SP*

So, SP, here it goes...

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love natural fibres, hate novelty yarns most of the time.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Some zippered case, no real needle case though.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Been knitting non-stop for about one and a half year. I'd say my level is adventurous intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Got one in Amazon. Here, hope it works.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Fruity and floral mainly, I don't really like candles though.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Very sweet. Love dark and milk chocolate. My fav is chocolate brownies though ;)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Hmm...I crochet a little, like paper crafts too. I don't spin, but I'll learn someday.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
The usual MTV stuffs. Love Josh Groban too ;) I can play CD on my laptop and I've got an iPod.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Love bright, jewel-toned and sometime pastel colour. Look dead wearing electric blue and not-too-dark dark blue. Don't like dull colour.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Staying with host family in an over stuffed room, no pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves a lot, knitted lots of hats but never wear them. Don't have the guts to wear poncho, and it's too warm for mittens now.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Hmm....judging by the number of scarves I've knitted...but no, I love knitting garments too. Oh, and shawl, and bag, and socks. Never mind I haven't knitted lots of those, but why is it so hard to decide on just one?

13. What are you knitting right now?
Umm...LOTS of stuffs, check the sidebar please.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I think I've never received any handmade gifts before, but I'd love to!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular, metal(I'm talking Addi here) and wood.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Just got a winder, no swift though, have to use pillow.

17. How did you learn to knit?
Walked by a yarn shop 5 years ago, went in and asked the owner to teach me.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Hmm...about 6 months.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, love the spirit!

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Other than yarn? Well, books and socks.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Lots of them! I'll update the sidebar ;) I've got Interweave subscription and Rowan membership.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Yep, dyeing(after I move from here), two socks at once and colourworks.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Kinda, my measurement is 6-7, but I've got fat calf.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
18th July(hey, that's close!)

And the extra questions,

1. Do you have access to ordering Knit Picks yarn?
Nope, but I could find a way in desperation.

2. Which do you prefer in jewelry...sterling silver or gold? Do you have a favorite semi-precious stone?
White gold and yellow gold, I can't wear silver. Diamond! Wait that's too precious...hmm...aquamarine and topaz.

3. Do you wear or even like Hemp jewelry?
What IS Hemp jewelry? I'm willing to try almost anything, so try me ;)

4. I know that most knitter use stitch markers but if you have any are they...
store bought?
custom made?
gifts?
Have some store bought, but don't like them. I used mostly beaded stitch marker that my previous SP gifted me, but I've lost most of them. I love beaded stitch marker that dangles, kinda like earrings.

5. What is your favorite animal?
Rabbit, sweet huh? I had 6 when I was small. Oh, and I kinda like snake too, but only the big, fat and not green kind.

That's it I guess, I always knew I'm easy to please ;)

Anyway, SP, I forgot to mention that I'm leaving that address on 16th August, don't know yet where I'll end up.

No comments: