Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Santa came early this year!

I got this lovely surprise on Saturday morning

It's from the UK Secret Santa swap that's going on in Ravelry. The rule is to send 100g of yarn from your stash, I signed up for the sock yarn category (cos we all know I don't have enough sock yarn!). My swap pal, Alice, sent me this lovely skein of PoshYarn Lucia in a lovely deep burgundy/brown colour. She also included some pretty stitchmarkers and a cute card.
Thanks again Alice, it totally made my weekend!

Anyway, the back, and fronts of Audrey are all done. The pieces are blocking on my home-made blocking board (duvet and towels) and when they're dry all that's left is the ribbing! Can't say I'm looking forward to it...
On other news I just got my Schengen visa for Christmas holiday! Yay! I'll be going to Vienna, Prague and Brussels. Anyone know of good yarn shops there?

5 comments:

Linda said...

I lovethe colours in your gift! Sorry, I don't know anything about Viena or anywhere!

Laura.Y said...

Lovely yummy yarn. Dun know much those places. Sorry. Have a great time!

Bryony Ramsden said...

Oooo lucky you - that is gorgeous tasty yarn :D And doubly lucky for the trip plans... Mmmmmm European yarn...

Octopus Knits said...

That is gorgeous! I love your Anastasia Socks and Peekaboo mittens, too - great job!

Mimi said...

Nice gifts, that burgundy yarn looks lovely! I like your Butterfly, nice choice of color. Clementine shawlette, so cute as well. I am trying to squeeze it in my list.
I am glad you found a pattern for the Regia yarn.
So wonderful that you are going to Vienna! Hope you find many yarn shops!