Pages

Friday, November 09, 2007

Anybody got tired of my FO posts yet?


Anastasia Socks
Pattern source: Pepperknit
Yarn: BFL Superwash sockyarn in "Sophia" from Radiant Twist
Needles: 2.5mm Addi Turbo 80cm
Comments: I found the pattern on Ravelry, and thought it's perfect for hand-dyed yarn. It's knitted toe-up, and I'm simply smitten by the construction of the short-row toes. Not so much with the heels though, I have to pull real hard to put it on.
Here's my sad attempt to capture the gorgeous colours

Anyway, I'm convinced now that I have sensitive ankles, if such thing exist. After taking these socks off, my ankles itch like crazy! When I went to Ally Pally I was wearing my Monkey socks that's knitted out of Trekking ProNatura, who knew that bamboo could be so itchy?

Peekaboo
Pattern source: here(link to pattern)
Yarn: I'm pretty sure it Malabrigo worsted merino, bought at Ally Pally last year
Needle: 4.5mm Addi Turbo
Comments: When I was wearing my Fetching, I found my fingers curling inside because they're freezing. So, while I love my Fetching for spring, it just won't be enough for the coming winter. I can't be bothered to knit all 10 fingers (imagine the horror of all those yarn ends!gasp!), too lazy to knit a convertible mittens, so this pattern is the perfect solution for my lazy a**. Anyway, after I was done with the first one, I found it waaay too short for me, so I knitted the second one longer and ripped the first one from cuff-down, and added a few rows. They fit quite perfectly now. Let's just pray that I don't have sensitive wrists.
They are cute, but not exactly fashionable or elegant. And since I sometimes like to pretend to be both of the latters, I foresee a pair of pretty gloves in the future, if I get motivated enough. Or I might have to just buy a pair.

And here's my latest WIPs

This is Audrey. I think she's going to be pretty. I've been working on her somewhat faithfully over the last 3 days that my hands hurt. I'm using the green Jaeger Matchmaker Merino Dk that I got from Ally Pally with my trusty 4.00mm Addi Turbo. She's such a pleasure to knit.
However, I'll be taking a short break from her since I'm going to my friend's house and I've promised to teach them how to knit. So naturally I have to cast on for something myself, no?

Am I the only one who can't believe it's already another weekend? That it's already halfway through November? That Christmas is only 6 weeks away? I wish it would slow down as I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

9 comments:

Peggy said...

The socks are cute! Can you feel the spiral pattern on the bottom of your feet? I look forward to seeing how audrey will turn out, it looks great so far.

Anonymous said...

Lovely socks! I guess all those socks will come in handy now that the chilly days are coming. Audrey looks like it will be a really comfortable oversized cardigan. Anticipating seeing yours. =D

Anonymous said...

Those gloves are a good idea. Did you ever see Blue Garter's Axel fingerless mitts? [ http://www.bluegarter.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/Axel%20fingerless%20mitts.pdf ]

You might be able to include some fashionable and or elegant stuff in that pattern without having to knit fingers (I hate that bit, too).

Audrey looks pretty already!

Laura.Y said...

Nice socks. And I really like the pattern of Audrey.

Linda said...

Great mitts and socks! Audrey looks lovely too.

opportunityknits said...

You've been productive - what happenned to your peekaboo photo?

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at all those FOs! That's a great sock pattern for your pretty yarn. Love the shawlette and Butterfly from the last post!

Jackie said...

the spiral pattern is the unique one in the sock.

i m going to knit the peekaboo mitten too, hope i can knit it up as nice as yours.

Laura.Y said...

haha my dear, how can anyone be tired of seeing pretty FOs? :) You're on the roll here.