WARNING! This post contains some horrible real-life situation pictures with extremely bad lighting and helped only slightly by photoshop.
So, I just finished knitting the second sleeve of my VK Norah Gaughan's Capecho, put it on, and here's how it looks like.
See those horrible bunches?
I'm not so sure whether that side of the pentagon is supposed to dangle just like that.
And the back?
Strangely short and bunchy (blocking might solve this one, but not sure about the length).
So I tried a different style by pulling down the front and make it sort of like a crossover thing.
Not as bad but it practically makes my front looks flat, not a good sight.
Then I tried it upside down.
The coloured version will blind you, I swear.
And I have pentagons running down my stomach and hang just there.
Much longer, no? Which doesn't really make sense since it's the same thing turned upside down.
So, now I have a few options:
1. Put the whole thing into a ziplock bag and hide it somewhere so I won't see it for another year or so.
2. Frog it and knit something else less...intriguing.
3. Put my trust in Norah Gaughan and actually knit the collar and finish the whole thing while praying hard it'll turn out ok.
4. Try frogging some of the pentagons and mess around with it and try to make it right.
5. Find somebody bigger than me with much more patience than I do and give it to her.
What do you think?
Oh, in case you're wondering, I did get gauge.