Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Classy is my name

IMG_6455.JPG
Happy Forest Shrug
Pattern: Dream In Colour shrug
Needle: 5.00mm
Yarn: Dream in colour Classy "Happy Forest"
Comment: First, I fell in love with the shrug. So when I was at Socktopus grand opening I spent quite a while trying to pick a colour. Then I wound the yarn up, and the magic began. The yarn felt soooo good sliding through my fingers. Nothing fancy, just pure soft, squishy merino. Knitting with it was also a joy and the shrug grew quickly. I cast on for it when I was on my way to Socktopus for a knit night the day before I left London, knitted it on the plane all the way home, then cast off the day after. So really the whole thing only took me 3 days to knit.
Not too shabby, right?
IMG_6426.JPG
I bought 2 skeins of it and there were quite a bit of leftovers, so I made this.
IMG_6416.JPG
Classy Meret
Pattern: Meret, available as Ravelry download
Needle: 5.00mm
Comment: I cast on for this last Wednesday night and did 5 rows of ribbing, took it with me the next day to uni and knitted through presentations for the whole day and basically got the whole body done. Went home and knitted the decrease and a beret was born! It was such a quick and easy pattern. Not to mention pretty. I only did 3 lace repeats for the body for fear of running out of yarn, but looking at my leftover I could've squish in an extra repeat, but I like it anyway.
Oh, those checkered bags you can see in the background is all yarn.

I'd love to wax some more poetics about this yarn, about how I want to sleep and roll nekkid on it. But I shall refrain myself and go back to doing my uni assignments. It's really hard to concentrate when you're surrounded by fibres and all you want to do is play with it. But I still need that degree, so I have to put away the knitting (Cardigan for Arwen!) on my lap and do work. Ugh.

5 comments:

picperfic said...

wish I was young enough and slim enough to wear this shrug, it is gorgeous!

knottygnome said...

i love both items. the colors are so pretty and your lacework is gorgeous!

Linda said...

That is lovely, the perfect green!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful shade of green, it looks great on you. :) And that's a lot you can get out of 2 skeins of Classy! Did you find it squeaky at all? I'm using their Baby, and not really liking it because of the squeaky..

Jennie said...

oohh pretty!! I love the colorway!