Pages

Monday, June 16, 2008

SFO - Soooo finished obejcts

It's been exactly a month since I last blogged. A LOT has happened since then. My trip to America itself would take more than a post, since a lot certainly happened on the trip. However, I think it's better for me to share about my trip to Switzerland first. So instead of doing any of those I chose the lazy way and talk about knitting instead! After all, this is a knitting blog.
Here are some small projects that come and go so quickly that they didn't make it to the blog.

Left-right:
1. Scarf for Elvi - My friend requested this scarf for her birthday present, we found a picture of a scarf she likes online and I took inspiration from it. The yarn was Jaeger Extra Fine Merino DK
2. Stripey beret for me- The yarn is leftover from the scarf.
3. Ridged beret - Filatura di Crosa Zara, a gift for Naia.
4. Blue Thorpe(link to pdf) - Another gift for my friend Naia together with the beret.
5. Dashing - Gedifra English Tweed, knitted this for my Swiss trip.
6. Cable Footies from One Skein - Patons Classic Wool Merino, Christmas gift for my friend Valentine, never got a chance to take FO picture of it.

Most of these are gifts, but guess what? It's not even all of them! I'll do the rest over the time, I mean, 3 months or a year delay don't make much difference, right?

For something that's not that outdated,


Otto my LOVE
Pattern source: And so to bed by Lucinda Guy
Yarn: Jaeger Extra Fine Merino
Needle: 4mm
Comments: He's probably my favourite FO ever. I knitted the base, then picked up the stitches for the body, sandwiching the tail in between. The tail, wings and ears are all knitted in one piece instead of 2 pieces like in the pattern. I'm glad I did it in the round since it saves me lots of troubles sewing up. The filling is from a cheap pillow that I cut up. And check out his Noro striped scarf! I'm really proud of him and have been showing him off to everybody. I might be hooked on toys knitting. Uh Oh.





Alpine Pumpkin Shrug
Pattern source: Alpine shrug from Rowan 42 by Sarah Hatton
Yarn: Rowan Big Wool in Ginger Snap
Needle: 10mm
Comments: This pattern didn't appeal to me at first, because Rowan magazines tend to be a little obscure in showing their garments, sometime it takes me a while to see which item is actually knitted. But one of the yarn shops I visited in Switzerland had it on display and my friend fell in love with it. Then when I was online shopping *ehem* I noticed that Stash Fine Yarns has it on sale. I bought 7 skeins but only ended up using 5 skeins. The design is really pretty and the construction is so simple, yet clever. It's a bit small for me though, but it might be due to the fact that I was too lazy to block it before I seamed it. In the second picture a friend is modeling it for me and I think it looks much better on her.

My friend Isabel (the model above) accompanied me to the World Wide Knit In Public Day Knit Crawl by Stitch & Bitch London yesterday. I was meaning to join them from the beginning, but was too tired and only managed to join the last 2 hours of it.
I taught her and another friend to knit a few months ago, and she finished a ribbed scarf and promptly bought yarn to make 3 pairs of socks! It's been a lot of fun knitting together with a friend and showing her the fabulous world of knitting. I'm pretty sure she's hooked. *grin*

3 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, look at that shrug! Its lovely. I rather like Otto too!

Anonymous said...

I love your Alpine shrug! I thought about making it for myself, but thought I'd drown in it... But seeing yours makes me think again. :) Lovely!

maceknits said...

That's an amazing shrug! And Otto is too cute :)